Top 5 Tuesday is here again.
Today's Top 5 Tuesday category? Give me five movies where a character in the film is missing or loses a finger.*
*I will also accept entries where a character has more than five fingers.
- The Royal Tennenbaums Margot (Gweneth Paltrow) goes sans digit during a stint with a mountain family.
- Escape From New York The President (Donald Pleasence) gets the old presidential ring finger lopped off within minutes of landing in New York.
- The Lord Of The Rings Return Of The King Frodo (Elijah Wood) battles Gollum to the death. He loses the ring finger, but saves Middle Earth. Geeks everywhere rejoice.
- Phantasm Here's a movie that doesn't get thrown around many social circles. A good horror movie nonetheless. The Tall Man (Angus Scrimm) meets the bad end of a large knife and loses a couple fingers in the process. Fortunately, one of those fingers turns into a giant killer fly. I'm not making this stuff up.
- Four Rooms In the last short of this four story series, Tarantino steals from Hitchcock and a guy loses his pinky to a meat cleaver during a bet.