There has been a lot of reports about Owen Wilson as of late trying to tell us why he did what he did. I even stooped a bit to purchase the People magazine to find out about that 'dark side' that pushed him to attempt suicide. But the good news is, Owen seems to be on the mend. And early the word on the The Darjeeling Limited is that it is very good.
So let's send him some good mojo by providing our Top 5 Owen Wilson movies. It's not like there's a plethora of movies to choose from, which is just one more reason why he needs to get back out there. There are still lots of chances to make up for You, Me and Dupree.
1. Bottle Rocket - His very first movie and still maybe his best. Dignan was fast, furious and out of control as the gangster wannabe.
2. The Royal Tenenbaums - Eli's drive to be another 'Tenenbaum genius' led him to a pretty twisted life. Looking back now, Eli's climactic ending seems a little less funny and a little more tragic.
3. Meet The Parents - You're supposed to hate Kevin Rawley because he is Pam's ex, but you can't help loving him as the perfect guy. Nice, successful and evidently great in the sack.
4. The Cable Guy - Just a few minutes of screen time, yet we hated him as Robin's date because he made our skin crawl with lines like "hey what's the story with our chicken, Man? Have the eggs had a chance to hatch yet?"
5. The Life Aquatic - Ned Plimpton was the perfect Southern Gentleman and provided a good Ying to Zissou's Yang.
Get well soon Owen, but don't go fixing that nose.