Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Top 5 Tuesdays (T5T) Gets Romantic

It's Tuesday, February 13th. A day before Valentine's Day. So lay it on.

Give me your Top 5 romantic movies. Give me the sap, baby.

Sub category: I will also accept the top 5 hottest sex scenes.

Here are mine.

Punch Drunk Love Adam Sandler and Emily Watts are as unlikely a romantic duo as you can find, but this works. And I have never seen a movie capture the power that love gives you the way that this film does.

Sabrina The remake with Harrison Ford. Man, something inside must be broken, but I loved this movie.

Four Weddings and a Funeral Andie McDowell almost kills it with one of her last lines "is it raining, I hadn't noticed" but this movie still holds for me.

Sixteen Candles This is a dream. The geek gets the girl and Sam gets her man. I will forever love this movie.

When Harry Met Sally This movie is great because you really feel the length of their relationship. The awkwardness of a friendship becoming something more and then the discovery of love.

3 comments:

sammyray said...

I have a weird one, and it's not so much a scene but an entire movie. I love "Remains of the Day." It is, in my mind, the greatest unrequited love story ... so full of yearning. DAMN I love this movie!!!!

Hottest sex scene? Vincent Gallo in "The Brown Bunny." LOL

PIPER said...

Remains of the Day is a good one. Love that should be but is not to be because of strict rules of conduct.

It's funny but true but Hopkins could be accused of putting his job before his life. But those were the times.

garrett said...

Going to throw out Love Affair. Its been a while since I've seen it but i remember i thought it was romantic.