In its honor, I thought I would kick things off early (not that I want it to do very good since I don't have it picked to win in my Summer Movie Tournament) with some talk of comic book movies.
Give me your Top 5 movies based on comic books or graphic novels for you older crowd that refuse to say you still read comic books. I will also take movies that easily fall into the comic book type movie that aren't necessarily based on real comic books (you'll understand).
1. Batman Begins - Not just a great comic book movie, but a great movie. Unlike all the Batman's before it, Nolan makes the character real and in doing so gives this movie true depth.
2. Oldboy - Based on the Japanese Manga. It's one of the best revenge flicks I've ever seen. And the guy eats a live octopus to boot.
3. Unbreakable - Not necessarily based on a comic book, but it feels very much like it. The story of the reluctant super-hero or the super-hero that doesn't know he is fascinates me. I'm not a big fan of shamalamadingdongs but to me, this is his best movie.
4. Spiderman 2 - I watched the first one the other day and the differences between the two are incredible. I was taken by how well Raimi handled the subject matter of this one and was able to deliver such a touching movie. Aside from the opening of the first Spiderman, the rest is utterly forgettable.
5. Sin City - The stories are hit and miss for me, but when Sin City hits, it hits hard. Mickey Rourke is flawless in this.