Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Viva Los Venture Bros

I would like to clear up some awkwardness if I could.

I watch The Venture Bros. A lot. And I love it. And as a result of loving it, I want to talk about it. A lot. The problem is, I don't know a lot of people who watch it. Do I care? No. I still talk about it and tell scenes from it and I end up laughing. Alone. And that's when the awkwardness sets in.

If you haven't seen The Venture Brothers, it's an excellent animated show spoofing the old Johnny Quest cartoons. It follows the adventures of Dr. Venture, his two sons Dean and Hank and his bodyguard Brock Samson (played brilliantly by Patrick Warburton). If you are a fan of The Tick, this is same stuff because it's created by Christopher McCulloch a.k.a. Jackson Publick.

So here's what I ask. If you get a chance, go out and buy it, or rent it (Season 2 comes out April 17, 2007). Or watch it on Adult Swim and then come back and let's chat. Because it's lonely here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's a simple 3 step process for those who are unconvinced.

1. Watch this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_9j5x-AWIg&NR

2. Reach for your credit card.
3. Buy the DVDs

The smartest shows out there are in cartoon form.

PIPER said...

Here's another classic clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuqLFhcGUA

Anonymous said...

As if I need another animated series when I'm still making my way through Season I of "Clone High." Still, I'll bite.

Just FYI - Amazon has it for $8.99.

3rdmartini said...

I too am a huge fan of this and many other [adult swim] programs. But then again, you already knew that!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this show. The yard sale episode was one of the funniest TV shows I've ever seen. Also the opening to the second season was classic. "Everybody's freeeeeee, it feels good!"

Don't be ashamed.