If we were to judge a film simply by its fulfillment, can there be anything more satisfying than a revenge film? Who in the world has never been wronged and then fantasized about a little payback? As universal as revenge is, it's surprising there aren't revenge films coming out every week. But if there were so many, maybe I wouldn't like them as much as I do.
So this Tuesday, give me your Top 5 revenge films. Here are mine in no particular order.
1. Kill Bill Vol. 1 "Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the limbs you've lost. They belong to me now."
2. Oldboy "I'm going to rip you limb from limb. And your remains will never be found. Why? Because I'm going to swallow every last bit."
3. The Limey "You tell him, you tell him I'm coming. Tell him I'm fucking coming!"
4. RoboCop "I'm not arresting you anymore. "
5. Revenge of the Nerds "You just got your asses whipped by a bunch of goddamn nerds."