Monday, October 18, 2010

The Comfort Of Zombies


Things haven't been super rosy with Piper lately. Some shit has gone down. I won't bore you with all the specifics, but the biggest news is that my father-in-law passed away a couple of weeks ago. He battled a disease for over a year and lost to it on a recent Saturday morning. My wife is an only child so she has no siblings to draw from. It's been kind of dark around here and well, when times get dark, I like to turn to old friends. Zombies. That's right, nothing cheers my ass up like flesh eaters. Just pop in Dawn of the Dead and watch the deep dark room turn from sinister gray to rosy red in seconds. Watch Survival of the Dead, open the windows and let the cartoon birds perch on my shoulder and tweet "Happy Days Are Here Again." That's how it works. And if I'm not watching zombies, I'm killing them in Left 4 Dead and Resident Evil 4.

Call me a sick twist if you will, but there's just something comforting about zombies. Maybe it's because they're so damn disposable. Or maybe it's because it's October, but I'm craving those crazy canibals as much as they would crave me in a dark alley with some bacon salt and a gimp. This is how bad I've got it. I even don't mind The Walking Dead promos on AMC even tho I've seen them for the MILLIONTH TIME. I dreamt about zombies last night and I woke up happy. This is bad. But really, it's good. When times get dark, it's those cold zombies that keep me warm.

2 comments:

Joe Baker said...

Sorry for your family's loss Piper. I can relate.

Go watch the Exorcist for some real good times!

Kramer said...

Sorry about everything lately Piper. :-/

And on a another note:

A little Dead Alive uncut version will cheer anyone up.
"I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!"