Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Superbad Opening

Superbad came out this past Tuesday and I have my copy coming in the mail. I'm not sure it's something one asks for as a Christmas present or a stocking stuffer. "Honey, I want the movie Superbad, but not the regular edition, the Unrated McLovin' edition, okay? You got that honey? The Unrated McLovin' edition." I just prefer to buy some movies myself.

Anyway, this movie is chock full of scenes and lines of dialogue that I love but these opening credits are something else. When the lights went down and the old Columbia Pictures logo came up, I started smiling, and I didn't stop until after the ending credits rolled. So in lieu of any true content from me today, I give you the boys of Superbad doing a little jig to Too Hot To Stop by the Bar-Kays. Take it away boys.

3 comments:

Bob Turnbull said...

Yeah, I loved that opening as well...A great DVD extra feature would be the real footage of Cera and Hill dancing that was used to generate those silhouettes (I assume it was both of them dancing).

Great tune as well. I had been meaning to check out some Bar-kays funk from the 70s, so after seeing the film I grabbed a couple of their discs. Tasty...

Sheamus the... said...

Liked this one...and its credits.

PIPER said...

Bob, I think you can find the very thing on youtube. Those two dancing together while they show the credits. It's a split screen. The soundtrack to this movie is great. Lots of good funk.