To celebrate, let's raise a couple (or five) to the best drunks in movies.
Acting drunk doesn't seem like it would be that hard. Stumble around, slur your words, maybe get in a fight and then piss yourself. No problem. There are some who do it justice in movies and then there's John Cusack in The Sure Thing (worst drunk ever!). We've gathered today to honor those who make it seem so real you'd swear they were really drunk. And maybe they were.
Give me your Top 5 Best Drunks in movies. Here are mine.
1. Bluto Blutarsky (John Belushi) in Animal House "Christ. Seven years of college down the drain. Might as well join the fucking Peace Corps."
2. Arthur Bach (Dudley Moore) in Arthur "Where's the other half of this moose?"
3. Terry Ann Wolfmeyer (Joan Allen) in The Upside Of Anger "Yeah, what the hell. I'm going after the mother of the year award."
4. Bob & Doug McKenzie (Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas) in Strange Brew "If I didn't have puke breath, I'd kiss you."
5. Gary Wallace (Anthony Michael Hall) in Weird Science "Well, my nuts are halfway up my ass, but other than that, I'm perfect!"