Bad guys. Hissssssssss. Booooooooooo. Hisssssssssss. The badder they are the gooder they are. Boooooooooo. Hisssssssssss. And when they get their comeuppance, it's awesome because you hated them so much because they were such good bad guys. Booooooooo. Hissssssssssssss. Immortalize them even more by listing them in this weeks Top 5 Tuesdays. Give me your top 5 best bad guys. Here are mine. Hisssssss.
1. Angela Lansbury as Mrs. Iselin in The Manchurian Candidate Puppeteers don't come any nastier than this. And I always thought she was a nice old detective from Murder, She Wrote.
2. Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber in Die Hard You can change your accent Hans, but you still got those snakey scales.
3. Glen Close as Marquise Isabelle de Merteuil in Dangerous Liasons So very glorious in her awfulness. I was angry for a week when she didn't receive the Oscar for her performance.
4. Colin Friels as Louis Strack Jr. in Darkman What an asshole. I hate this asshole. The way he talks. The way he looks. I can't stand this asshole.
5. Gene Hackman as Little Bill Daggett in Unforgiven Is there any better character actor than Gene Hackman? He is always good at playing his characters on the cold side. But there is no one colder than Little Bill.
Honorable Mentions: Ben Kingsley Sexy Beast, Lawrence Olivier Marathon Man, Ralph Fiennes Schindler's List, Kevin Spacey Seven, The Grinch The Grinch Who Stole Christmans.