1. Salem's Lot Arguably one of the scariest movies put on screen. And interesting that it would be on the little screen. Hooper gets all the praise for Texas Chainsaw Massacre but he should get it all for this.
2. The Shining Stephen King hated this adaptation by Kubrick. Then Stephen King made Maximum Overdrive. Hmmmmmm.
3. Stand By Me I cannot be a male - a male with a childhood in a small town - and not love this movie.
4. The Dead Zone This Cronenberg adaptation creeps from the opening seconds and leaves you colder than a Toronto winter.
5. Carrie DePalma adapts King's work but still makes it all his own.
1. Dreamcatcher Morgan Freeman with eyebrows that look like they have a life of their own, and an alien that comes out of your ass. Kasdan, how far you have fallen.
2. The Mangler A laundry folding machine possessed by hell. Is there anything scarier? Yeah, lots of stuff.
3. Sleepwalkers Um, there are cats. And then the Mom is in love with her son? And um... yeah.
4. Cujo Somebody please just put that damn dog down.
5. Maximum Overdrive This was just bad.