Thanksgiving is really just a blank check to ruin your body with friends and family for about 24 hours. But hey, we're human and we love eating. And more than that, we love a really good excuse to eat. A lot. And when we're not eating, there's some comfort to be found in watching others eat. A lot. So this Tuesday, give me your Top 5 Movies that center around eating.
1. Goodfellas I have often tried to cut my garlic so thin that it practically melts in the pan. And I have failed every single time.
2. Big Night While it's easy to focus on the enormous multi-course dinner, but I am especially taken with the morning after when they make eggs in olive oil and eat them with some bread. I love eggs in olive oil.
3. Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory You'll find me by the giant candy mushroom filled with whipped cream.
4. Tom Jones I've never really allowed food to stick around long enough to let it be considered sexual, but the scene between Finney and Redman is good stuff.
5. Steel Magnolias What? He said what? I really, really dislike this movie but I love the scene where they are scooping piles of crawfish, red potatoes and sweet corn for the crawfish boil.