Those crazy kids. Not a care in the world, except boys, girls, popularity, friends, peer-pressure, clothes, dating, parents, school and who's having the party Saturday night and whether or not you're cool enough to be invited. It's a tough life, really. So let's show those teens some love. Not creepy love. Just good love. Give me your Top 5 Teen movies. Here are mine in no particular order.
1. Sixteen Candles The quintessential teen movie. No teen movie list would be complete without it.
2. Superbad Just when you thought the teen movie was dead, here comes this gem. A good reflection of today's teenager that's just the right balance of cynical and softy. And no I'm not McLovin.
3. Heathers The anti-Hughes movie. All the cynicism without the sap. It's a good addition to the mix.
4. Weird Science The teen comedy taken to absurdity, and yet it still all works. I quote this movie constantly which keeps me out of most intelligent social circles.
5. Better Off Dead The beginning of Cusak's brilliant career really started taking shape with this dumb comedy. Fear the paperboy.