Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Baseball Challenge


It occurred to me this week after the Royals took 2 of 3 from the Cardinals during the I-70 Series that a good blogging friend of mind, Ray at The Rec, is from St. Louis. And it just so happens he's a Cardinals fan. And since the Royals are actually playing good ball (at least against the National League) and I'm feeling a bit more cocky than I should about a team that has lost 100 games more times than I can count, I would like to take this opportunity to issue Ray this baseball challenge:


If the Royals win the series against the Cardinals beginning tomorrow, Ray has to write a positive review of the movie of my choice. And if the Cardinals win, I have to write a positive review of the movie of Ray's choice.

I will take suggestions for movies in the comments section.

So what about it Ray? Do you accept?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuck yeah, you little Royals bitch.

The movie I choose for you will make you want to stab a fork into your own pancreas, yank it out through your skin, and shove it into your esophagus until your asphyxiate.

Go Cards!!!

www.therecshow.com

PIPER said...

And so it begins.

Burbanked said...

...and the rest of us mere mortals could only sit back and watch...and dread this clash of destiny.

Anonymous said...

Burbanked, you can join in too :) Of course I am sure you will choose the Cardinals over the Royals, the only team that makes the Devil Rays look like a major league team.

PIPER said...

Ray,

Hmmmm. Royals win first game 5-3. I'm beginning to brainstorm my movie ideas. And you won't like what I'm coming up with.

Anonymous said...

The Royals "won" 5-3 only because the Cards temporarily forgot how to field the baseball.

Things will look less optimistic tomorrow. Bitch.

PIPER said...

Whatever makes you feel better Ray.

PIPER said...

I love it. The tension is mounting. It couldn't have played out any better. Down to the last game.

What happened to Kip Wells last night? I was waiting for him to screw the pooch. I thought he was supposed to pitch.

Oh well, Meche is pitching tonight for the Royals so it should be interesting.

PIPER said...

Seems I have lost this little bet and Ray has offered me three films in which to review. And guess what, they all suck. And I haven't seen any of them, so I need to check them out.