Saturday, January 13, 2007

Whore Director - The Interview

After several weeks of making calls and dealing with agents and production companies, I was finally able to track down Whore Director.

This was quite an honor, I mean look at the guy's filmography. I have been trying to interview this guy for a long time.

filmography - director
Halloween (2007) (pre-production)
Charlie And The Chocolate Factory (2005)
Bewitched (2005)
Rollerball (2002)
Red Dragon (2002)
Planet Of The Apes (2001)
Psycho (1998)
The Vanishing (1993)

P - Hello.

WD - Hello.

P - Wow, first let me say it's an honor.

WD - Well, thank you.

P - Where do I begin? First, let me compliment you on your body of work. Quite a list. And all unoriginal.

WD - Thanks. I pride myself on riding the coat-tails of great writers and directors.

P - How did you get into Whore Directing?

WD - Well, like they say, it's not what you know, it's who. I used to be a hairdresser in LA for this movie producer and he liked the way I cut his hair. Next thing you know, I'm remaking masterpieces.

P - What a great story. It must give great hope to the truly talented up and coming filmmakers out there that a hack like you can make it.

WD - I hope so. I mean, if I can make it in Hollywood...

P - Okay, I've been dying to ask you this question.

WD - Shoot

P - Do you have any original thought whatsoever?

WD - Nope. Not one original thought. I mean, why would I? There's loads of stuff already out there for me to affix to like a leach. There was one time a few years back, I think it was a day in March where for a second I thought I had something, but I was mistaken.

P - So when you're remaking a great movie, do you ever think you're going to remake it better than it was before?

WD - Absolutely not. (laughs) I mean, I'm not making art here. I'm making money.

P - (laughs) silly me. So what's next on the horizon?

WD - Halloween is in Pre-Production. And I'm thinking about remaking The Birds.

P - So is nothing sacred?

WD - Not since Ted Turner started colorizing.

3 comments:

sammyray said...

LOL AWESOME!!!!

Sad thing is that, if any Hollywood types read this, they wouldn't get the point. They'd probably call their agent and try to arrange a power lunch with the guy...

cheepcheep said...

"Absolutely not. (laughs) I mean, I'm not making art here. I'm making money."

Painfully true.

none said...

They seem to be the rule rather than the exception.