One would think with movies like Halloween, My Bloody Valentine, Black Christmas and April Fool's Day that all the good holidays have been taken. Not so. There are still plenty of good holidays left. So let's hear them. Give me your Top 5 Holidays that would make for a great horror movie. Here are mine in no particular order.
1. International Earth Day, March 20th Some guy drives a Hummer around town and throws styrofoam and baby diapers everywhere, polluting the air and land, making for a long and painful death for everyone.
2. Hammock Day, July 22 An angry consumer who could never figure out how to sit in one of those damn things goes around and strangles people to death with... wait for it... a hammock.
3. Poinsettia Day, December 12th A seemingly sweet Grandmother kills hundreds by baking the poisonous flower into holiday treats that she sells at bake sales all over the country.
4. May Day, May 1st A small group of crazies still wondering why this is even a holiday deliver hundreds of empty May baskets to children everywhere, leaving them empty and disappointed.
5. Groundhog's Day, February 2 When the groundhog sees its shadow, this scares the shit out of it and sends it on a murderous rampage, killing everyone in its path.